Firstboat reconditions pre-owned racing shells, restoring them to functionally-new condition.
The actual hull of a rowing shell has many more miles to give than its components do – the parts that wear out the fastest are the shoes, hardware, and riggers. We evaluate each shell individually, replace the worn parts, and clean and buff the hull so it’s ready for many more seasons to come. By the time the “Firstboat” sticker goes on the stern, it may just be mistaken for a brand new boat.
The “FIRSTBOAT” treatment includes:
- The hull is carefully inspected for any damage, and any repairs are performed by craftsmen trained by the boatbuilders at Pocock Racing Shells.
- The hull is completely stripped and very thoroughly cleaned.
- The hull is painted as needed, then thoroughly cleaned, buffed and waxed.
- Any fasteners that are corroded, worn, or missing are replaced with new, marine grade 316 stainless steel hardware.
- Riggers are inspected, cleaned and adjusted. If the oarlocks are worn, they’re replaced. Any missing parts are replaced (no missing spacers!).
- New footwear is installed, in the size and style that is right for your rowers.
Comprehensive inventory featuring all of the top manufacturers:
We have a constant stream of pre-owned boats coming into the shop from North American’s premier manufacturers, so if we don’t have what you’re looking for right now, be sure to check our inventory list again in a week or so. Or, use our “Request a Boat” page to let us know what you need so we can keep our eyes open for your next racing shell.
Firstboat is run by Pocock Racing Shells. With over 100 years experience in boat building, repairs, sales, and support, buying a Firstboat means you’ll have the full backing of a company that knows equipment better than anyone else in the world. Give one of our reps a call. We’d love to help you find your next pre-owned racing shell.